9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Cleveland County Arts Council
111 S. Washington Street
Shelby, NC 28150
The Cleveland County Arts Council presents Chalk Fest, a fun, family friendly, sidewalk chalk drawing event in partnership with Uptown Shelby Association. Sign up Today for An Individual Square to decorate with Chalk! Organizations, adults and children are Welcome.
Registration: $10 organization, $5 individual
Please register by June 8, 2015. Registration on the day of the event will also be available, as space permits.
Rain or Shine. No refunds available
A CHALK ART CONTEST for the best drawing will be judged after 12:30pm. Cash prizes for best in category. Prizes are $150 cash for Adult and Organization and $50 cash prize for best in Youth category.
• Check-in and day of registration begins at 9:00am. All chalk art must be completed before judging begins at 12:30pm.
• Check-in table is located at The Cleveland County Arts Council, 111 S. Washington St. Shelby, NC.
• Competition area will on the Court Square. *Subject to change.
• Only one approved 2’x3’ sidewalk square is allowed per person. Space is limited, so preregistration is recommended.
• Chalk will be provided at check-in table. Participants may bring their own chalk or purchase additional chalk at the registration table. Please: No Oil Based Chalk and no sealants.
• Subject matter must be appropriate for all ages and audiences. CCAC will be the final arbiters.
• Group entries are welcome; please choose one name for the organization registration. Please no more than 4 artists per organization.
• Make sure to bring water, sunscreen, hat, knee pads, paper towels, all tools, and/or plastic to cover your square if necessary.
• Judging will begin at 12:30. Judges include area youth, business owners, and community leaders.
• Prizes are $150 for Adult and Organization categories. $50 cash prize for best in Youth category.
Click for registration form:
or call the Arts Council to register. 704-484-2787Cost:
Contact: Violet Arth
Contact Phone: 704-484-2787
Contact Email: [email protected]